Thursday, February 25, 2010

February 15-21 Food

Monday:

  • thk-004003 Breakfast: Cereal, milk
  • Lunch: Eggplant Lasagna
    • I’ve been wanting to try this idea forever. While it made for a good dinner, it definitely didn’t feel like lasagna. Next time I’ll try my own recipe, and just sub the noodles with eggplant to see how it goes.
  • Dinner: Thai curry with veggies and rice

Tuesday:

  • emp1Breakfast: Whole wheat spaghetti with cheese
  • Lunch: Indian-spiced lentils with rice
  • Dinner: Whole wheat empanadas
    • Not convincing. They were especially good when filled with the Indian Curry, but I think next time I’m trying to avoid a splurge, I’ll at least try an authentic dough recipe.

Wednesday:

Thursday:

Friday:

  • Breakfast: Hummus, whole wheat flatbread, banana with peanut butter, grapes
  • Lunch: Polenta with Nona’s Marinara Sauce, peach
    • This was used in the lasagna, and didn’t thrill me. 3 carrots?! I usually get good results from half of a small one. Sticking to my recipe, which is similar, but only has a bit of carrot, roasted red pepper, and crushed red pepper!
  • Dinner: Double Broccoli Quinoa
    • Fabulous, although overpowering with the raw garlic. I was tempted to not “waste” the pesto with quinoa, but it turned out excellent. I had to use frozen broccoli, which was fine, although I’m sure fresh would make it better. Next time I’ll halve the garlic, or roast it first.

Saturday:

Sunday:

  • Breakfast: Hummus and flatbread
  • Lunch: Raviolis con salsa fileto in Montevideo
  • Dinner: Pizza (Montevideo)

No comments:

Post a Comment